Thursday, October 15, 2009


"I've Been Everywhere, Man!" is a song by the late Johnny Cash in which he quickly sings the names of dozens and dozens of places he's visited.  It's a catchy tune...and good traveling music!

"I've Been Everywhere, Man!" is something that I'd like to be able to say when I'm bragging to the other Generation Xer's in my old folks' home many years from now.  I've got a pretty good start on this goal.  Through business and pleasure travel, I've been to every state in the U.S. except Alaska and North Dakota (and who in their right mind wants to go there, anyway?). 

More interesting, though, are the countries I've visited.  So far, I've been to Canada, Mexico, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, the U.K., Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bah Rain, the Bahamas, Cuba, Korea, China, Japan, Slovenia, Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Serbia, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Guatemala, New Zealand, and the Dominican Republic.  And before 2009 has ended, I'll be visiting at least four new countries: South Africa, Namibia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Jamaica. 

My friends and family are always asking about my travels...so I thought that starting this blog would be a good way to keep everybody informed of where I am and where I'm heading. 

I always enjoy hearing from people I don't know.  If you're new to travel and and have questions, send me an e-mail!  I can tell you pretty much anything you'd want to know about hotels, car rentals, airlines, airports, trains, etc.  Being the opinionated person that I am, I'd be happy to tell you my thoughts about a particular region, culture, or cuisine that I've experienced.  So, ask away!

In closing, this is my very first post to this blog, and I'm learning how to use the Blogger interface.  I'm going to be experimenting over the next few days by posting videos / pictures from some of my past  trips.  Cut me some slack if I screw it up...remember, I'm new to this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, wonderful - almost like being with you. I'm impressed with your standing. You know being a high powered, wealthy and humble executive!